Thursday 28 July 2011

Pretty Fishes

The pretty fishes 
are looking at me
smiling, winking
with their glassy eyes.
It's time I slowed down
It's time I stopped
In the beauty of this place.


To stop and love
Is the greatest gift 
I can give you.


Before I can realise 
The waters are over my head
I will see your face
And the beauty of this place


I can not drown
When I'm holding your hand

I see the passing glory
Of the Past
Dull lifeless fishes
That have given up on life 
And their childhood wishes


I see their glory pass me by
I see the spider and the fly
There is no time to wonder why

The see the river's wide and deep
I see the children trying to sleep 
You are the voice that echoes in my soul
You are the voice I want to keep.


You are the greatest gift I can give
And when I do eventually realise
That I'm swimming with the fishes
They are looking at me 
With their glassy eternal eyes


I see your wisdom
Is from Above
The Greatest Gift
In Life Is Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment