Friday 30 September 2011

Pyramids

We climbed the pyramids of our greatest desire
We went through wind and through fire
We climbed the pyramid of hope
And found out we just couldn't cope.
We weren't meant to be together
But I will still love you forever.


The desert sun bleached my hair
We laughed together without a care.
The blazing sun did not blind
But you still tampered with my mind.
We weren't meant to be together
But I will still love you forever.


The broken window laughed back at me.
The mocking snakes hissed from the grass.
But in the end our relationship was never meant to last.
Why do you still live in the past?
We climbed the pyramids of our greatest desire...

My own fears were brought back from the dead
The voices still remain in my head.
The voices beneath the broken glass still talk to me
They want to ask;
"Why did you hurt me the way you did?
Why did you take all my love?
You talked of our future
Our freedom, Our vision of living as a free as a dove
But you've left me a heartless fool
Don't you know?
There's a part of me that's still in love with you.

We climbed the pyramids of our greatest desire
But, in the end; we fell and got burnt by the fire.



No comments:

Post a Comment